Today I’m sharing some of the wreath Christmas gift tags that I started making a few years ago. These are a bit easier than the candy cane gift tags that I shared last week. You don’t need a sewing machine for these.
I actually make two variations of this. One on a shipping tag (on the left) and one with leftover cardboard (on the right).
They’re both pretty easy to make so get out your supplies and enjoy some Christmas crafting!
- shipping tags
- leftover coffee (or ink)
- pine chenille stems (I got mine at Hobby Lobby a few years ago.)
- vintage book pages (from a book that is already falling apart)
- red seam binding
- wire cutters
- glue (hot glue and glue stick or craft glue)
- bone folder
1. Dip the shipping tag in some cooled, leftover coffee. If you prefer, you can rub the edges on an ink pad. Or you can do both.
2. Cut your chenille stems in half and form into a circle, overlapping the ends just enough to tie some red seam binding around it. Tie a bow. Trim the ends.
3. Rip the vintage book pages to fit your tag. Use a glue stick or craft glue to attach. I smooth mine with a bone folder but that’s optional.
4. Glue the wreath to the tag and let dry.
The cardboard tags are done just the same except that I used my crop-o-dile to punch a hole and attach an eyelet. Then I added a string tie.
The photo on the left is from when Stampington magazine published them! That was exciting… I always like seeing my projects in magazines!
If you’re ready to make more Christmas projects check out my DIY | Christmas crafts and DIY board on Pinterest. You can also find more of my tutorials by clicking on “Tutorials” under my “DIY” tab at the top of this page.
Christmas in July 2014 with Duct Tape and Denim includes:
- 7/9 – Candy Cane Christmas Gift Tags
- 7/16 – Wreath Christmas Gift Tags
- 7/18 – Vintage Silver Coaster Christmas Ornaments
- 7/23 – Homemade Vanilla
- 7/25 – Christmas Necklaces with Personalized Gift Box Inserts
- 7/28 – Mixed Media Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- 7/30 – Homemade Vanilla Sugar
Past Christmas tutorials:
- Matchbox Advent Calendar
- Christmas Ticket Banner
- Christmas Playing Card Banner
- Vintage Gameboard Christmas Card Album