Today’s Christmas craft is a fun garland decoration that you can make in many different combinations. Most of it just depends on what supplies you already have. This project first appeared on my blog in 2008 so again, the photos aren’t the best. Eventually, I’ll make more and take better photos!
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Don’t forget to sign up for our FREE course called 12 Days of Vintage, Upcycled, Recycled, and Repurposed Christmas and get 12 days full of ideas to decorate your home with upcycled and repurposed DIY projects. Usually the emails start going out in October.
Supplies for Christmas Playing Card Garland Decoration
You’ll need the following supplies. (I’ve collected my supplies over the years and have a HUGE stash but I tried to find similar things on Amazon if you want to try this.)
- old playing cards with red backs (These cards are cheap and great for crafting!)
- 2″ scalloped punches from old text or use a Square Scallop Paper Punch, 1.75-Inch
- Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue, Icicle
- Glittery Letter Stickers (here are some similar letter stickers)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo
- Hole Punch
- Green String
- Glue Stick
- Bone Folder (optional)
I layered the punch diagonally on the card, glued it down, and rubbed it with the bone folder. These letters were stickers I got at Wal-Mart so I just stuck them on and then outlined the square with Stickles. I think this color is called Icicle.
After the Stickles dries, punch a hole in each top corner and run the string through it.
The one below I made last year. I used eyelets in the corners and glued glitter on chipboard letters for this one. It already sold in my Etsy shop.
If you’re looking for more Christmas DIY try these:
- Candy Cane Christmas Gift Tags
- Wreath Christmas Gift Tags
- Vintage Silver Coaster Christmas Ornaments
- Homemade Vanilla
- Christmas Necklaces with Personalized Gift Box Inserts
- Mixed Media Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Homemade Vanilla Sugar
- Matchbox Advent Calendar
- Christmas Ticket Banner
- Christmas Playing Card Banner
- Vintage Gameboard Christmas Card Album
- ALL my Christmas projects in one place…
Don’t forget to go back to the last tutorial and see the Christmas banner DIY tutorial made with red and green tickets! Thanks for reading and sharing!
‘Til the next project,
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim
First published on December 14, 2008.