Welcome to my second monthly blog report! You can find the first one HERE.
Remember that I went to my first ever blog conference in April. It was amazing and I STILL haven’t posted anything about it. It may take me all year to absorb everything I heard.
But even more important than what I heard was who I met!
Because of some of the people I met during the conference I’ve had some huge changes this month.
Changes Made in May
- The first week of May I was accepted in the DecoArt Blogger Outreach Program! First project HERE.
- Last week I was accepted into the Walnut Hollow Influencer Program! No projects posted yet.
- I’m in contact with a company that I met at Snap to do a blog post for them.
- I opened a Hometalk account (because so many of the bloggers I met at Snap were in it) and have been having fun posting over there.
- I also opened a CraftGawker account but the only two projects I tried to upload were rejected.
- I’ve been approached by a bedding company to work with them.
- I created a Shopify storefront from a recommendation in one of the Snap roundtable discussions. Not opened yet. It’ll take a long time to get it all listed.
- I joined TapInfluence on a recommendation from someone I met at Snap.
- I’ve joined in 1 giveaway and 2 blog hops with bloggers I’ve met through Snap.
- I hired the VA that I was interviewing at my last Blog Report. She’s been linking to blog parties and doing my Facebook updates, leaving me more time to do all these other contacts.
- I created an email automated workflow for wholesale buyers of my jewelry. I’m in the process of contacting everyone who has bought from me or shown an interest in buying wholesale in the past. Then I’ll start reaching out to new boutiques.
- I also broke down and added a pop up sign up box for my email list on a couple of blog pages.
Top 5 Blog Posts in May 2015
- DIY Chicken Wire Frames – second month at #1!
- *Snap Conf Swag Giveaway
- *Thrift Store Mirror Makeover
- Easy Texas Gumbo
- *Anthropologie Inspired Mason Jar Sewing Kit
* NEW, posted in May
- users: 2529, +714
- page views: 4931, +311
- average session duration: 1:20, -:16
- bounce rate: 76.08%, + 3.24%
- acquisition from social media, change from last month:
- Pinterest: 360, -14
- Blogger: 35, -193 (My new VA was trying out some different blog parties. We’re going to add back some of the ones I was having more luck with!)
- Facebook: 173, +62
- Hometalk: 156 (NEW this month)
- Twitter: 13, +8
- Google+: 2, +1
- LinkedIn: 1, no change
- Disqus: 1, +1
- Facebook followers: 6447, +48
- Instagram: 828, +20
- Pinterest: 2927, +85
- Twitter: 1274, +28
- Google+: 338, +7 (This was with NO posts being added!)
- Bloglovin’: 56, no change
- YouTube: 14 subscribers, +2
- Newsletter: 471, +16
Scheduled for June
- Changing the blog parties we link to.
- My VA will also be updating G+ and Twitter!
- Red/white/blue blog hop on June 11.
So… are you curious as to how much money I actually made from blogging? If enough people start asking I might just include that info, too!
‘Til the next project,