I’ve got a theme going on for St. Patrick’s Day this year. So far everything I’ve made has been a garland! This glitter shamrock garland came about a couple of years ago when I found out that JoAnn Fabric was going to be a sponsor for SnapConf 2015. I was so excited because JoAnn is one of my favorite places to shop. (And, BTW, was also one of my first employers WAY back in my college days.) I had a couple of free hours so I went there to just walk up and down the aisles for inspiration. That’s when the glitter on these shamrocks caught my eye.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Supplies for the Glittery Shamrock Garland
- glittery shamrocks OR felt shamrocks, craft glue, and green glitter
- jute twine
- frayed edge burlap ribbon — We may have some left in stock HERE.
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
See all our favorite craft supplies from Amazon HERE… Look for the St. Patrick’s Day section for these craft supplies and more!
How to Make the Shamrock Garland
I combined the glittery shamrocks and some jute twine with the leftover frayed edge burlap ribbon that Feliz gave me when we were loading up at the last Antique Alley. Hot glue is holding everything together so it’s a pretty easy project.
- One: Cut burlap ribbon. The size depends on the size of your shamrocks. I’ll measure the next time I make this.
- Two: Fold over the end of the ribbon and use hot glue to stick it to the jute string.
- Three: Glue the shamrocks onto the center of each piece of ribbon
See… wasn’t that easy?
But if you can’t find these glitter shamrocks, I’ll share how to make this same St. Patrick’s Day garland with felt and burlap ribbon on our Facebook page soon. I’ll add the video here when we’re done.
VIDEO — COMING SOON
My Finished Shamrock Garlands
My collection of vintage ‘stuff’ just keeps growing and growing! Yes, that 1980s photo of me and Bikeman is part of my vintage ‘stuff’.
More DIY St. Patrick’s Day Craft Ideas
If you like this shamrock garland, take a look at these other St. Patrick’s Day craft projects:
- 15 Upcycled St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
- LUCKY Vintage Playing Card Garland
- St. Patrick’s Day Blank Ticket Garland
- St. Patrick’s Day Shadow Box
- 17 Easy St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
Leave a comment and let me know if you’ve made a garland for St. Patrick’s Day!
‘Til the next project,
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim
Originally published on March 2, 2017. Featured on: Pick of the Bunch Special Spring and Holidays Features @ Life on Lakeshore Drive, Party in Your PJs