A few months ago I asked friends on my personal Facebook page what their favorite cookie was. Most of the answers were common cookies — chocolate chip or snickerdoodles. But one friend told me her favorite was Almond Joy Cookies. That sounded amazing to me. I love chocolate and I love coconut but put them together and you can’t get much better! She very unselfishly shared her recipe and my sister-in-law and I made these on our mega cookie baking day back in December. They were a hit with the whole family. Except for the one who’s allergic to coconut. We kept these away from her.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Almond Joy Cookies
- 14 oz bag shredded coconut
- 16 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all 4 ingredients until combined.
- Scoop out dough onto baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten the tops of the dough balls.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they just start to brown.
- Let sit on baking sheet 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Sound easy? Actually, it was even easier than this recipe sounds.
Parchment paper was our secret that saved us that mega baking day! None of our cookies stuck or burned on the bottom. It was well worth the few extra dollars. My sister-in-law uses parchment sheets that are already cut to the size of her baking sheets.
If you enjoy these almond joy cookies, you might also like these:
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
- Cinnamon Cookies
- Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies
So what’s your favorite cookie? Leave a comment and let me know.
‘Til the next baking day,