I ran across these heart sugar cookies last week while I was searching for Valentine’s Day ideas. I don’t usually make heart sugar cookies but I think I will just so I can use these cookie cutters! I found these at Sur La Table:
They also have heart-shaped doughnut pans, cake pans, springform pans, and other heart-shaped cookie cutters. Everything you need to create your Valentine’s Day sweets.
And here’s my sugar cookie recipe to get you started…
Heart Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 c softened butter
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 5 c all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 375*.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the baking soda and baking powder, then the flour, 1/2 c at a time.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- When chilled, sprinkle flour on your surface and roll out dough to 1/4-1/2″.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place cookies about 1″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and either decorate or just eat.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these:
- DIY Valentine Pillow in 15 Minutes!
- My Valentine Tree
- 28 of the Sweetest Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipes
- 41 Heart Shaped DIYs for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine Ticket Garland
Leave a comment and let me know if you make heart sugar cookies for Valentine’s Day!
‘Til the next project,