I love snowman crafts! And it’s so easy to repurpose just about anything in your house to be a snowman. I hope the examples I share with you today will inspire you to go make your own snowmen!
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Supplies for Snowman Crafts
These are the basic supplies I keep on hand to create my snowmen.
- base: anything white or something you paint white
- black buttons for eyes and/or mouth
- black Sharpie for tiny pieces of “coal”
- orange nose
- tiny black hat
- tiny Santa hat
- a scrap of red fabric or felt for the scarf
- ribbon, bakers twine, jute, or other scraps to embellish or use as a hanger
How to Turn Anything into a Snowman
You can really use your imagination on these snowman crafts. Start with something white (wood, pitcher, juice can lid, etc.) and add the embellishments above.
Here are some ideas:
Basically, you can turn anything white or that you can paint white into a snowman.
- wood scraps
- juice can lid
- tin can
- Glenn’s MDF snowman
Depending on the size of the project, I usually make my snowmen’s eyes and mouth out of either black buttons or just draw little dots with a black Sharpie.
- black buttons
- Sharpie marker, black
- black felt
- paint or paint marker in black
Again, use anything orange and “carrot-shaped”.
- purchased “snowman nose” (We may have some left in our online shop HERE.)
- air dry clay, orange or painted orange
- orange acrylic paint
- Sharpie marker, orange
- orange felt
Every snowman needs a hat, right?
- black tophat
- mini Santa hat (We may have some left in our online shop HERE.)
- red, black, or Christmas patterned baby or child sock
Other – Scarf, Etc.
- red felt
- burlap or any kind of fabric in red, blue, or Christmas pattern
- red yarn — Knit or crochet your own tiny scarf!
My Snowman Crafts Video Tutorial
Here’s a Facebook Live video from last year when I shared 3 snowman crafts I was making.
More Snowman Craft Ideas
- Wood Block Snowman (in video)
- Enamel Pitcher Snowman (in video)
- Juice Can Lid Snowman Ornament (in video)
- Salt Shaker Snowman
- Spool Snowman Ornament
- Grain Sack Fabric Snowman
- Popsicle Stick Snowman Ornament
More DIY Crafts
If you enjoyed this DIY craft project, you might also like these:
- 30 Easy Snowman Ornaments You Can Make for Christmas
- DIY Button Snowman Christmas Gift Tags
- 20 Easy Christmas Wreaths to Make
- 78 Easy Christmas Crafts
- 25 Basic Christmas Craft Supplies You Should Keep on Hand
Thanks for reading!
‘Til the next project,