After my trip to Waco a couple of weeks ago I was inspired to update my small farmhouse bathroom. Now y’all know I don’t live in a farmhouse but I love the farmhouse style and saw some amazing bathrooms while I was in Texas. (Does anyone else go to public bathrooms just to see how they’re decorated?) Anyway, when I got back home I headed over to Target to see what I could find.
How to Freshen Up a Small Farmhouse Bathroom
I didn’t need to do any major overhaul on our upstairs bathroom. Thank goodness… we still haven’t got the downstairs powder room back into shape after it’s makeover! All our upstairs bathroom needed was a deep cleaning, organizing, and a few new pieces to freshen it up a bit.
What I Saw in Farmhouse Bathrooms in Waco
- galvanized tin
This was pretty much my shopping list when I hit Target. I found some great black & white towels by Nate Berkus, a wood organizer for things I need to keep out on the counter, and some amazing wire baskets with copper handles! Plus I stocked up on Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong® Mega Rolls and Quilted Northern Ultra Plush® Mega Rolls.
How to Organize Under Sink Storage in Your Bathroom
But before we get to the decorating, let’s tackle the less exciting part part, storage! Here’s how to organize under sink storage.
- Pull EVERYTHING out of the cabinet.
- Discard or give away anything you haven’t used in a while.
- Check for leaks and/or water damage while you’re down there.
- Wipe down all surfaces.
- Apply new shelf liner.
- Organize by type and size. For example, bottles of cleaner, small items, tools, health or beauty products.
- Place each type and size item in a separate basket or box.
- Replace boxes under cabinet.
This wire basket was the perfect size to hold the Quilted Northern Mega Rolls! Now they’re not rolling around loose under the sink.
The other basket holds all my bottles of cleaning supplies. I also used a couple of wooden boxes from the counter top storage unit to hold smaller items like sponges and gloves. I’m loving those copper handles!
How to Organize Your Bathroom Countertop
Now for the countertop. It’s a similar process:
- Remove EVERYTHING off the counter.
- Clean counter.
- Use a tray to corral small items.
- Find another place to store items that don’t need to stay on the counter.
- Add a plant.
Thanks for reading about my small farmhouse bathroom and good luck in the sweepstakes!
‘Til the next project,