Welcome to our first annual craft challenge! At least we hope that this crafting challenge will become an annual event.
This year-long event is meant to introduce you (and me!) to new crafts, share easy crafting ideas, and to get our minds off the crazy things going on in the world. Scroll down to find out how to join us this year.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Now, on to the challenge…
2021 Craft Challenge Rules
The rules are simple.
- You choose whatever project you want that fits the categories listed.
- Each craft project can only be counted once. So that means that if you paint a wood blank that you buy on DuctTapeAndDenimShop.com, it can count either for your painted project or your DuctTapeAndDenimShop.com project but NOT both.
- You CAN count craft projects that you started before January 1. One of the things we want to encourage is that you finish those UFO (Un-Finished Objects) projects that you already have… and to use up craft supplies that you already own.
- This craft challenge is free but we will be sharing affiliate links to some supplies that we use. We earn a small commission on sales made after you use those links, but you won’t pay anymore.
Watch this Facebook Live video to learn more:
Where to Share Your Projects
If you’re on Facebook, come join our 21 Crafts in 2021 Facebook group and you can share photos of your crafts with us.
What You Could Win
At first, I thought about giving everyone who completes this craft challenge a gift card to a craft store or an item from our online shop. Then I thought, “What if we have 5000 people finish?!?” So, just in case that happens, our current plan is to put the names of everyone who finish into a virtual cap and draw one name for a $50 shopping spree from our online shop.
BUT, if we only have 10 crafters finish, everyone will get a small gift from us.
The 2021 Craft Challenge Checklist
Here’s a list of the categories in the craft challenge. We’ll be adding example projects to this list all year long!
- a craft you can finish in 30 minutes
- a painted project
- a repurposed project
- a craft using supplies from DuctTapeAndDenimShop.com
- a wreath
- a project made completely from supplies you already own
- something to hang on the wall
- a craft inspired by nature
- a project that took more than one month to finish
- a stencil project
- a craft that includes a pumpkin (real or fake)
- something you can wear
- a papercraft
- a thrift store makeover
- something you make for someone else
- an outdoor DIY project
- a project that cost less than $5 to make
- a project that uses a photograph
- a craft using felt or yarn
- a holiday decoration
Where to Find Easy Craft Ideas
Just in case you need some ideas or inspiration for your crafts, check out these articles.
- 24 Easy Paper Crafts
- The Ultimate Guide to Jewelry Box Makeovers
- 17 Ideas for Painted Projects
- TONS of ideas for Thrift Store Makeovers
- DIY Wreaths for (Almost) Every Holiday and Season
Thanks for reading all the way to the end! We appreciate you joining our craft challenge. Please like, comment, and share on Facebook, Pinterest, or anywhere else you hang out online!
‘Til the next craft project,