Back when we went to visit family during the Christmas break, they wanted to go see Star Wars for the umpteen millionth time. I was perfectly content with the one time I’d already seen it so I snuck away from the theater to visit a few of my favorite antique stores in Waxahachie.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Downtown Waxahachie Texas
I think the Ellis county courthouse on the square in downtown Waxahachie is the most beautiful courthouse anywhere! Usually I park somewhere near it and I almost always take a picture… even if they all end up looking exactly the same!
We love the Dr. Pepper mural, too. I took this last summer when my sister-in-law and dad went antique shopping with me.
My Favorite Antique Stores in Downtown Waxahachie
Now here’s a list of my favorite shops… in the order that I like to visit them. (And photos of some of the shops AFTER the list.)
- Old Town Village Antiques, 307 S Rogers St – A true antique mall! 3 floors full of hidden gems. They range from shabby chic, to man-tiques, to just good ol’ junk
- My Father’s House, 308 S Rogers St – This is right across the street and has more “real” antiques. Lots of large pieces of furniture, most at a pretty good price. They also have architectural salvage. Scroll down to see photos.
- High Cotton Emporium, 207 S College St – This charming little shop is much more styled. And she has an amazing faux brick wall at the back… don’t miss it! I wrote a whole article about this shop.
- The Doves Nest, 105 W Jefferson St – The next two shops are more “high end” vintage. The Doves Nest also has a restaurant in the back. Best pecan pie I’ve ever eaten! They also have more new clothing in the front.
- Farmhouse, 308 S College St – They sell just what the name says — farmhouse style home decor. Along with Annie Sloan paint.
- Gingerbread Antiques, 310 S College St – Another more “old fashioned” antique shop.
- Junk for Joy, 101 S College St
- Paris Market, 110 S Rogers St
Here’s Gingerbread Antiques last summer.
This collection of doors is in the back room at My Father’s House…
…along with this box of hinges.
Here’s some of the furniture in the front room of My Father’s House.
I just had to take a picture of this… not MY Paris Flea Market.
I just had to take a picture of this piece that I found hidden away on the second floor of Old Town Village Antiques. Wouldn’t it be cute hung upside down on the wall with some faux ivy? I have this thing about old heaters and their parts. Did you see the planter I made out of mine?
These shoes were so beautiful that I had to take a picture… and I forgot the name of the shop I saw them in! It was one of the smaller shops on Rogers Street. I’ll try to find it on my next visit and share it with you.
If you enjoyed reading this article about antique stores in Waxahachie, you might also like these:
- 25 Things to do in Waco
- High Cotton Emporium
- Our Lunch at Farm Luck in Waxahachie
- Our Arizona Road Trip Playlist
- 9 Best Texas Cities for Antique Shopping
Thanks for reading! Let me know your favorite antique stores in Waxahachie… I know I’ve missed some.
‘Til the next shopping trip,