I’ve always called this the Magnolia Market Bakery but the official name is Silos Baking Co. Either way, Joanna Gaines’ bakery in Waco is amazing! It looks like something right out of Fixer Upper. Of course… Joanna’s design is consistent even in the bakery. Here’s what it looked like the first time I ever saw it. It was a flower shop in it’s previous life. This was back on our first trip to the old Magnolia Market on Bosque.
It’s been fun watching the silos and bakery develop. Here’s what the 1600 square foot building looked like on our next trip. At that time the store and the garden center were open but the bakery hadn’t opened yet.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Tips for Visiting the Silos Baking Co.
Get to the bakery as soon as it opens to avoid the incredibly LONG lines! But even if you have to wait, the cupcakes are worth it. At the time I’m writing this the bakery is open from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. But I would still recommend calling ahead to make sure.
I’ve heard that the bakery doesn’t get busy until after 9:30 a.m. but I’ve never been there that early to check for myself.
The line does move pretty fast thanks to the ordering system they have set up. When you get in line an employee will give you an menu card and pencil to mark off what you want. That gives you lots of time to decide. You can check off what you want and be ready when you get to the counter.
I’ve read that the average waiting time is 7 minutes but 20 minutes is common on the weekends.
You can check out LOTS more photos inside the bakery over on House of Hargrove.
And don’t miss the bathrooms, either! As I mentioned, Joanna’s design is consistent and her shop/bakery bathrooms are beautiful! There is some GORGEOUS wallpaper in the bathroom.
Magnolia Market Bakery Menu
Save up your calories for this trip! The cupcakes have more icing than cake and the cookies are as big as your hand!
I love how they’ve named their cupcakes and cookies! I’m not sure if the the menu is always the same but here are the current options:
- The Classic – chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream icing
- Silobration – vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream icing & sprinkles
- Shiplap – vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream icing
- Nuts & Bolts – vanilla cake with walnuts & pecans, cream cheese icing
- Cup O’Jo – chocolate cake, espresso buttercream icing
- Peanut Butter Cup – chocolate cake, peanut butter icing
- Strawberries & Cream – strawberry cake, vanilla buttercream icing
- Lemon Lavender – lemon & lavender vanilla cake, lemon buttercream icing
- Red Velvet – red velvet cake, cream cheese icing
- Sweetheart – chocolate cake, strawberry puree cream cheese icing
- The Silo Cookie – chocolate chip with peanut butter chips & walnuts
- Classic Chocolate Chip – just what it says
- Classic Sugar Cookie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip – gluten-free
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal – gluten-free
- Classic Cinnamon Roll
- Nutty Cinnamon Roll – classic cinnamon roll + nuts
- Cranberry Orange Biscuit
- Blueberry Muffin Crumble
- Almond Carre – sweet almond pastry with a light glaze
- The Prize Pig – bacon & cheddar biscuit
- Coffee – decaf & regular
Want to take a guess what the best sellers are? I’ve heard they sell more strawberries and cream and lemon lavender cupcakes! That surprises me a little because I’m such a chocolate fan. But it makes since because the strawberry is Chip’s favorite and the lemon lavender is something unique.
You could show up at 7:30 a.m., get a Prize Pig and coffee, sit outside, and be first in line (or at least toward the front of the line) to get in the market at 9:00!
This efficient little bakery cranks out 3500 cupcakes and 300 cookies a weekday and even more on the weekends!
Rhoda from Southern Hospitality shared her cupcake and lots of other photos from the bakery over on her blog. Look, even the icing is simple and elegant… just like Jo!
If you can’t actually make it to the bakery, take a look at this video.
Make sure you add the bakery to your list of things to do while you’re in Waco. You won’t be disappointed!
- Silos Baking Co.
- 601 Webster Ave, Waco TX 76706
If you enjoyed reading about the Magnolia Market Bakery, check out these other blog posts, too:
- 25 Things to do in Waco
- Where to Stay in Waco
- A Visit to Magnolia Bakery
- Silos Baking Co. Reviews
- How Joanna Likes Her Cupcakes Iced
- Joanna’s New Bakery
- LOTS of Bakery Pictures
Thanks for reading! I hope this article helps you plan your Magnolia Market road trip!
‘Til the next market,