I’ve been doing jewelry box makeovers for over 7 years now and there’s no end in sight! My goal? Save every old jewelry box and jewelry cabinet from the landfill. And I know many of you are joining me in my quest. I know that because many of you ask advice on finishes and where to buy jewelry box hinges and other hardware. So today, I’m sharing where I buy mine locally and some great online resources, also.
D. Lawless Hardware provided me with free samples to show you on the video below. They’re also sponsoring this month’s Upcycle Sharin’ Challenge. So if you want to participate, scroll down for the details.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Sign up for our newsletter & get your own printable list of “25 Things You Should ALWAYS Buy at Thrift Stores” + all our upcycled projects sent straight to your inbox.
Jewelry Box Hinges & Hardware
Hobby Lobby has been the best local source for me to find jewelry box hinges and handles for jewelry cabinets. You can always get 40% off One Item at Regular Price at HobbyLobby.com. (Some exclusions apply.)
Another local store, Beverly’s, has some, too, but I don’t think they’re a national chain.
Also, whenever I replace any old hardware on a jewelry cabinet with new, I save the old hardware to reuse on future DIY projects.
Jewelry Box Hinges & Hardware Online
Y’all know I love shopping on Amazon. They don’t have a huge selection but I did find a few of the Darice hinges and tiny screws shown in the photo above there.
I saved the best for last! The absolute BEST place online that I found to get jewelry box hardware is D. Lawless Hardware.
This Month’s Upcycle Sharin’ Challenge – Hardware
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) Join our Upcycle Sharin’ Group on Facebook where you can get updates to this challenge as well as finding an upcycle tribe.
2) Scroll to the bottom of this post and click add link. From there you can add your upcycle project that will feature this month’s theme – HARDWARE. It must include some form of hardware to be eligible. Note: You don’t need to have a blog to enter your project.
3) You have until February 15th to add your project. After that, voting begins. You can vote 3 times.
4) The person with the most votes wins and will be announced on March 1st. D. Lawless Hardware is providing a gift card for this month’s prize.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these:
- The Ultimate Guide to Jewelry Box Makeovers
- What I Use to Replace Glass Doors in Old Jewelry Cabinets
- 5 Favorite Simple Jewelry Box Makeovers
- 9 Free DIY Jewelry Box Plans
- Upcycle an Old Cutlery Box into a Jewelry Box
Leave a comment if you have any more questions about jewelry box hinges or makeovers! Originally published August 29, 2017.
‘Til the next project,
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim