Today I’m going to show you how to make a leather tassel keychain. Actually, you can use these leather tassels on jewelry or other places, too. I just added mine to a keychain along with a couple of vintage pieces I found.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
How to Make a Leather Tassel Keychain
- 2mm leather strips
- 22 gauge annealed wire
- 10-12mm fancy open jump ring
- 6mm small open jump ring – I actually would recommend getting a mix of sizes like this. They even come in a storage container.
- large lobster clasp
- jewelry pliers & wire cutters – This is my favorite set & it’s VERY inexpensive.
- 25mm key ring
- whatever vintage goodies you want to add. I added:
This will be much easier to show you than to try to explain so I included a Facebook Live video that I did a few months ago. I’d love for you to come join me on my Facebook page. I try to do a couple of live videos a week.
Leather tassel starts at about 2:50 in the video.
Here’s a better look at the finished keychain:
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these:
- How to Make a Tassel Out of Embroidery Thread
- DIY Leather Bracelets Made from Old Purses
- DIY Tassel Bead Bracelet
- 3 Ways to Make a Bohemian Tassel Necklace
- How to Make Tassels Out of Yarn
Thanks for reading!
‘Til the next project,