A few days ago I shared a list of things I do in August to prepare for Christmas. Deep cleaning my bedroom was on that list. I didn’t go into detail at that time so I thought maybe I should at least share my list so you’ll know exactly what I mean by “deep clean a bedroom”. Let me know in the comments if you think of something I left off.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
How to Deep Clean a Bedroom
- remove and wash all linens from bed
- throw pillows in dryer for 30 minutes or so to fluff (add a homemade dryer sheet to freshen)
remove mattress and box spring
dust bed frame
vacuum under bed
flip or rotate mattress when you put it back on
- remove and wash curtains (if they are machine washable, hang outside to air out if they’re not)
wipe down windowsills
- remove everything off all flat surfaces
dust each item
- donate things you no longer use or need
wipe off surfaces
remove and organize all clothes in dressers
donate all clothes that you haven’t worn in 12 months, that don’t fit, or that you don’t like
- remove all wall decor
dust each item
dust walls, ceiling, and baseboards
- take rugs outside, shake, and let them air out
Here are some great books that will give you much more in-depth how to’s on how to clean everything in your home.
If you enjoyed reading how to deep clean a bedroom, you might also like these:
- How to Care for Your Pillows
- How to Style a Nightstand
- 5 Rustic Master Bedroom Ideas
- Is Your Bedroom a Junkyard?
- How to Get Started with Flylady
Thanks for reading!
‘Til the next project,
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim