A few days ago I shared a list of things I do in August to prepare for Christmas. Deep cleaning my bedroom was on that list. I didn’t go into detail at that time so I thought maybe I should at least share my list so you’ll know exactly what I mean by “deep clean a bedroom”. Let me know in the comments if you think of something I left off.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
How to Deep Clean a Bedroom
- remove and wash all linens from bed
- throw pillows in dryer for 30 minutes or so to fluff (add a homemade dryer sheet to freshen)
- remove mattress and box spring
- dust bed frame
- vacuum under bed
- flip or rotate mattress when you put it back on
- remove and wash curtains (if they are machine washable, hang outside to air out if they’re not)
- wipe blinds
- wash windows
- wipe down windowsills
- remove everything off all flat surfaces
- dust each item
- donate things you no longer use or need
- wipe off surfaces
- remove and organize all clothes in dressers
- donate all clothes that you haven’t worn in 12 months, that don’t fit, or that you don’t like
- remove all wall decor
- dust each item
- dust walls, ceiling, and baseboards
- take rugs outside, shake, and let them air out
Here are some great books that will give you much more in-depth how to’s on how to clean everything in your home.
If you enjoyed reading how to deep clean a bedroom, you might also like these:
- How to Care for Your Pillows
- How to Style a Nightstand
- 5 Rustic Master Bedroom Ideas
- Is Your Bedroom a Junkyard?
- How to Get Started with Flylady
Thanks for reading!
‘Til the next project,