Happy New Year! Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions this year? I haven’t posted about my resolutions for a while. (Not since my 2010 New Year’s Resolutions and My New Year’s Anti-Resolutions.) I didn’t make any official resolutions this year, either. Just a list of some things I’d like to do. One of those things is to work on my Scripture memory. I’ve been making a list of verses I want to memorize so I thought I’d share my list of Bible verses for women with all of you, too.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
FYI, some of these I’ve already memorized so I’m not doing 52 NEW ones in one year. But hopefully by the end of this year I’ll have all these down! Anyone want to join me?
52 Bible Verses for Women to Memorize
First I started with some basics that all Christians should know:
- John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
- Romans 3:23 ~ For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23 ~ For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 5:8 ~ But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 10:9 ~ That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- 1 John 1:9 ~ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- John 14:6 ~ I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
- Psalm 119:11 ~ Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.
- 1 John 4:7-8 ~ Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
- Psalm 27:1 ~ The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?
- Matthew 6:33 ~ But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Romans 8:28-29 ~ And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
- Psalm 46:1 ~ God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Psalm 73:26 ~ My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
- James 1:2-4 ~ Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
- Revelation 3:20 ~ Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 ~ For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 ~ Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
- Matthew 11:28-30 ~ Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
- Jeremiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
- Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
- Galatians 2:20 ~ I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.
- Colossians 3:23 ~ Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men.
- Galatians 5:22-23 ~ But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
- Hebrews 12:1-2 ~ Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shames, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Romans 12:1-2 ~ Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ~ Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6-7 ~ Be anxious for nothing, but in everything y prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 ~ All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 ~ No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
- Matthew 28:19-20 ~ Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
- Ephesians 5: 22-23 ~ Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
- Colossians 3:17-18 ~ And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
- I Peter 3:1-3 ~ Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
- Titus 2:3-5 ~ Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
- Proverbs 31:26-31 ~ She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
- Psalms 19:14 ~ May these words of my mouth and this mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
- I Thessalonians 5:17 ~ Pray without ceasing.
- I Thessalonians 5:18 ~ In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- I Peter 4:8 ~ And above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- Luke 6:37b ~ Forgive and you will be forgiven.
- Titus 2:4 ~ That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children.
- Proverbs 22:6 ~ Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Isaiah 40:29-31 ~ He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9 ~ These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
- Philippians 4:6-8 ~ Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
- Colossians 3:23 ~ And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.
- James 1:3-5 ~ Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- Matthew 6:30-34 ~ Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- James 1:19-20 ~ “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.”
If you want to start memorizing more Scriptures try these methods:
Thanks for reading! If you think of any other Bible verses for women to memorize leave a comment and let me know.
‘Til the next project,