Merry Christmas in July! Just a few more projects to go. Have you made any Christmas ornaments or gifts yet? Today’s super simple project upcycles a vintage wood USA map puzzle into state Christmas ornaments. I made these last year to represent all the states we visited. We had a BUSY year, visiting ALL the states in the photo below!
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
Supplies for State Christmas Ornaments
- vintage wood USA puzzle pieces – I got mine on Etsy. A great project if you have an old puzzle that’s missing pieces. You can also order JUST your state from several Etsy sellers.
- cotton twine
- hot glue & glue gun – I like this detailer glue gun.
Yep, this just might be the easiest project I share during Christmas in July! All you have to do it cut some twine and hot glue it to the back of the puzzle piece.
I also crocheted a little garland with some red cotton yarn.
This tree brought back some good memories of our trips. I think if I do this again I might collect ornaments from our travel and add some photo ornaments, too.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these:
- Vintage Salt Shaker Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Santa’s Key Hand Stamped Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- DIY Christmas Star
- State Love Ornament
- Holiday Decorating with Christmas Ornaments
Thanks for reading my post! Don’t forget to sign up for my Christmas email list below.
‘Til the next project,