My assignment for today was to write a post about the food we’ll be cooking for our Super Bowl party. I always like to try something new on our friends so I started doing a little research on Pinterest. I started off with some traditional football foods like Buffalo wings and potato skins then found some centerpiece/displays of foods arranged in the shape of a stadium. But then I got completely distracted by bacon! So I decided to make a whole list of bacon wrapped recipes.
You see, it’s a little joke in our house that we always have to have bacon at our Super Bowl parties. It started a few years ago when we were making plans with some friends and started listing all the things we could add bacon to. My friend’s hubby said,
Just put out a bowl of bacon for me.
So to play a joke on him I cooked a whole package of bacon and sat it out… it was the first thing gone. So every year since then we’ve served up a bowl of bacon.
So today, instead of sharing our Super Bowl menu with you, I bring you a list of TWENTY things you can wrap bacon around and serve next Sunday. Enjoy and please come back and leave me a comment if you try any of these!
20 Bacon Wrapped Recipes for Your Super Bowl Party
1. Brown Sugar & Chili Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots – This is #1 on my list because I already made it for the playoffs and this recipe was delicious. These were the first dish gone on our table. I think the only change I’ll make for next time is to use more chili powder… or maybe a little cayenne.
2. Maple bacon-wrapped shrimp – I’ve made these before but not with the maple syrup.
3. Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies (aka Brown Sugar Smokies) – Meat wrapped in meat… always a winner for football food!
4. Bacon Wrapped Pretzels – This was a new one for me. Please let me know if you try it. I think I’d like it dipped in mustard.
5. Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites – Mmmmmmmm… I might could make a whole meal out of this one.
6. Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts – These are actually a Christmas tradition for us so I probably won’t make them for a football game. But they are DELICIOUS!!!
7. Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella Biscuit Bites – Maybe these could be breakfast?
And if you want to feel at least a little bit healthy, how ‘bout wrapping bacon ‘round some fruits and veggies?
8. Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts – The only way I’ll eat brussel sprouts is with bacon!
9. Bacon Wrapped Avocado – Two of my favorite foods together!
10. Bacon Wrapped Artichoke Hearts – I’d eat this but I don’t know if anyone else in my family would try it…. so maybe this is the one I should make? 🙂
11. Bacon Wrapped Strawberries – You’ve got to be kidding on this one. I can’t even imagine this. Again, please let me know if you try this or if you’ve had it before.
12. Bacon Wrapped Scallops – This one didn’t seem so far out. And it’s a Pioneer Woman recipe… always good. [Yes, I realize this isn’t a fruit or veggie… it just got on the wrong list. 🙂 ]
13. Bacon Wrapped Dates – Another that I don’t think my family would go for. But it sounds interesting.
14. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – We’ve tried deep-fried asparagus before. Why not bacon-wrapped?
15. Bacon Wrapped Figs – Not on my “to try” list… at least yet.
16. Bacon Wrapped Cherry Tomatoes – Now this one I’d do. I love cherry tomatoes.
17. Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms – Sounds even better with the blue cheese filling!
18. Bacon Wrapped Pineapples – Haven’t tried this but I did have a pineapple Canadian bacon pizza last week. Sounds similar.
19. Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers – Always a favorite. And it always reminds me of the year my sister grew some REALLY hot jalapeño peppers and served them up to us at Christmas. Great family memories!
20. Bacon Wrapped Pears – Last, but not least!
Again, let us know if you try any of these & I hope your team wins next Sunday!
If you use Pinterest, I have a whole board devoted to bacon. Come follow me!
Looking for more Super Bowl recipes? Try these:
- Easy Texas Gumbo Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Dip, Food Network
- Taco Pizza Rolls Recipe, The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese, Good Housekeeping
- Pulled Pork Sliders with Romaine Slaw, Country Living